cloudy
We 25.4.
11/21°
cloudy
Th 26.4.
14/14°
almost clear
Fr 27.4.
6/18°

Photogalery Písek

Písek is an ancient town on the banks of the river Otava, one of the most picturesque towns in South Bohemia. On the page Photogallery Písek we have prepared photos of the Písek town. Here you will find

photos of the most important sights of Písek

, e.g. Stone Bridge, Písek Castle, Palacký Gardens, power plant of the royal town of Písek, The Dean’s Cathedral of the Birth of the Virgin Mary, Velké náměstí (Large Square) with the Town Hall in Písek, Alšovo náměstí (Aleš Square), Elevation of the Holy Cross monastery church and other monuments of Písek. Preservation of the historical center of ancient Písek town documented

aerial photographs of Písek

. From the aerial photographs of the Písek town is evident in the gradual transformation of the Písek town into an industrial center of southern Bohemia.

Písek - the stone bridge over the Otava is the oldest one preserved in Bohemia., photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek arose in the 13th century as a royal town., photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
The Baroque Town Hall from the 18th century dominates the Velké náměstí (Large Square) in Písek, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - the façade of the Písek Town Hall is ornamented with a triangular tympanum, vases, and the statues of Justice, Strength and Patience, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Palacký Gardens - Empire gazebo named Schrenk’s Pavilion, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Palacký Gardens - the statue of historian František Palacký, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Palacký Gardens - the statue of poet Adolf Heyduk, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Palacký Gardens - Since 1995, a statue of Neptune has been adorning the park. The statue once was part of the fountain on Velké náměstí (Large Square), photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Palacký Gardens, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Stone Bridge that connects the centre with the Pražské (Prague) suburbs is the most noteworthy monument in the town, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Kamenný most (Stone Bridge) was built in the third quarter of the 13th century. The first written record of it dates back to 1348, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Stone Bridge, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Stone Bridge - the statues of Calvary with Christ, the Virgin Mary, St. John, and St. Mary Magdalene, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - the south side of the Stone Bridge is ornamented by a statue of St. Anne of Samothrace from 1770, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Stone Bridge - the statue of St. John of Nepomuk, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Stone Bridge - the statue of St. Anthony of Padua, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Die Steinbrücke von Písek wird üblicherweise die alte Brücke genannt, sie bekam aber auch den Beinamen Hirschbrücke, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Přemysl Otakar II had the Písek castle built concurrently with the town in the second half of the 13th century, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
The Písek Castle neighbouring the Town Hall is the best preserved municipal castle in Bohemia, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
The Prácheňské muzeum (Prácheň Museum) Písek - the remaining part of the Písek castle became the home of the municipal museum in 1902, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - courtyard of the Prácheň museum, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - the municipal power plant is located in Podskalí (Under the Cliff) on the right bank of the Otava River between the Stone Bridge and Putim Gate, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - thanks to Křižík and the power plant, Písek acquired permanent street lighting. Currently, the power plant complex offers tourists a museum exposition with old measuring instruments and other interesting items, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - The Malt House stopped serving its purposein 1973 and after reconstruction at the turn of the century, its spacious halls have been utilized primarily for holding exhibitions, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - An unusual view of part of the town walls with a bastion, at the location of where Putim Gate once stood, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - the Dean’s Cathedral of the Birth of the Virgin Mary belongs among the oldest buildings in Písek, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Aleš Square - the Marian or Plague Column commemorates the plague of 1713, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - polyclinic building at the corner of Alšovo náměstí (Aleš Square) and Chelčická Street, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - interior of the Elevation of the Holy Cross monastery church in Písek, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Velké náměstí (Large Square), photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - At the Elephant House near the Stone Bridge, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - The Lion Monument on Budovcova Street commemorates the soldiers that fell in 1859 in the battles at Melegnano and Solferino, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - giant sand sculptures accompany the commencement of the tourist season in mid May, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - historic town centre, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - At the Bachelor’s, The Dean’s Cathedral of the Birth of the Virgin Mary, Alšovo náměstí (Aleš Square), photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - the Dean’s Cathedral of the Birth of the Virgin Mary, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
The town of Písek lies on both banks of the Otava River, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - An aerial view of the Stone Bridge, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - The Jewish Synagogue, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - An unusual view of part of the town walls with a bastion, at the location of where Putim Gate once stood, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Industrial part of town, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - The ancient town with a preserved historic heart gradually changed into an industrial town, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek Gate and the Hláska Tower at the entrance to the Zvíkov Castle complex, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Albrechtice nad Vltavou, a village in the southeast corner of the Písek Region between Písek and Týn nad Vltavou, is proud of its cemetery complex, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
The village of Kestřany near Písek attracts tourists with its preserved medieval monuments – Gothic fortified settlement, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Weir and log sluice on the Otava River in Písek, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Stone Bridge seen from the left embankment of the Otava, photo by: Městský úřad Písek
Písek - View onto Písek from the iron footbridge leading to the Town Island, photo by: Městský úřad Písek
Mikoláš Aleš (1852-1913) – Panning Gold on the Otava, photo by: Městský úřad Písek
Reconstruction of the royal castle – Pracheň Museum exhibition, photo by: Městský úřad Písek
Písek - The first firearm in Bohemia (Pracheň Museum), photo by: Městský úřad Písek
The impressive monument to Jan Žižka at the battle site in Sudoměř is 16 meters tall and was completed in 1925. The author is sculptor Emanuel Kodet, photo by: Městský úřad Písek
Písek na reliéfu z barokního oltáře Panny Marie Písecké, dnes umístěném na oltáři v děkanském kostele Narození Panny Marie, photo by: Městský úřad Písek
Písek - Preserved remnants of the town's fortification walls on the south side of the historic centre, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Marian Column on today's Aleš Square, from 1715, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - The original Baroque statues from the Stone Bridge can be viewed in the Pracheň Museum, photo by: Městský úřad Písek
Liberation of Písek by the American Army on May 6, 1946, photo by: www.buddies-pisek.wbs.cz
Písek - Aftermath of the destructive floods in September 2002, photo by: Městský úřad Písek
Písek - Northern side of Velké Náměstí, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Gothic Hall in the only preserved wing of the Royal Castle, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - The Prácheň Museum's modern approach to exhibitions earned it the title of European Museum of the Year in 1996, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - The Malthouse is a cultural centre in the very heart of Písek with something for every generation, photo by: Městský úřad Písek
Písek - Prácheň Museum, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - House at the Golden Ship on Velké Náměstí, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Havlíčkovo Square, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Monument to Czechoslovak pilots fighting in England on Fügnerovo Square, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Left bank of the Otava River, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Children's playground on the Town Island, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Former fortification moat, now a place for relaxation, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Children's playground on the Town Island, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Jedna z nejzachovalejších částí bývalého opevnění historického města, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - The exhibition of energy and municipal lighting features several interesting machines and devices, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - The power plant has been back in operation since 1994, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - House sign at "The White Lamb", photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - The "classroom" on Bakaláře reminds us that a school once stood here, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - View from the gallery of the tower of the Church of the Birth of the Virgin Mary towards the Písek Mountains. The façade with the yellow façade used to be the Hotel Dvořáček, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - Monument was revealed to honour fallen Austrian soldiers who died in the bloody battle near the northern Italian towns of Melegnano and Solferino in 1859, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - House At the Cannonball - there is a monument to the violinist Otakar Ševčík in the house's courtyard, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek - House "At the Black Eagle" on Aleš Square, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Provincial stud farm Písek, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek as seen from the Jarník observation tower, photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.
Písek Mountains - The Živec cottage, built in 1933, was one of the film scenes for the second episode of the notorious "Homolka family" films, photo by: Městský úřad Písek
Jarník observation tower on the hill of the same name (606 m n. m.), photo by: Archiv Vydavatelství MCU s.r.o.